Friday, April 25, 2008

Biblical Mapping Resources et al

David Instone-Brewer has done another fine job of organizing a collection of resources, this time on Maps and Geography in Biblical Studies. Use his listing to supplement the observations I have made on this blog. I will also be using his list to update the catalogue of biblical mapping resources I have compiled here.

Jim Davila on PaleoJudaica brought my attention to a "City of David" website. It is a very well-done website with some fine models, virtualizations, pictures, and timelines. (Note that you need to use IE7, not FireFox, for it to work properly.) I cannot unreservedly recommend the site, because it reflects an exclusively Israeli perspective that is broadly critical of "Arab agitators." I pray for a peace in Jerusalem that is able to include Jews and non-Jews alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment